Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil Difference???

Old 01-20-2013, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coil Difference???

What is the difference between 2013 sport & rubicon stock coils?

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing is different between coils. The shocks are the different part. Sport has a twin tube vs the rubi gas charged.

The coils are almost random who gets what stiffness. I'd recommend getting aftermarket if you want an upgrade. You'd spend 200 for stiffer stock springs or 300-400 for quality aftermarket.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

the difference in coil assignment is not random at all. they are paired up to the build depending on 2dr, 4dr, hard top, soft top, tow package, etc.. lots of members with 2dr's buy coils from a 4dr hardtop because it yields a little lift to achieve more clearance for larger tires.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I know they are not completely random. I did the 19/59 take offs on my 10 2door. Personally, once you spend the money for the take offs it's not worth what you actually get. IMHO

And sometimes they are random. My buddy has a sport 4door with 19/59 no tow package. Yes all 2doors have weaker coils.

Was not really shooting the swap down just pointing out spring are not the major difference between sport and rubi.

Quick Reply: Coil Difference???