Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Control arm suggestions

Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control arm suggestions

I have the 3.5" aev north degree lift kit , doesn't come with control arms and so far I haven't found a need for them out on the trails but I do plan on hitting bigger and better trails this summer. I also want to pick up a set of control arms to prepare myself if I decide on going for 37s (don't like the idea of trimming the pinch seam)

So I'm just looking for suggestions or opinions on adjustable control arms. To be honest $$ isn't rally my biggest fear. I'd save up and wait for an open house sale for a good deal

My first choice was currie
My second was jks
My third was teraflex

Anyone have first hand experience who can lead me in a good direction/choice of adjustable control arms?

I can add that I do rock crawl at some events but not a whole lot. I live in a pretty wet land so a lot of the trails here are uproots and mud...though I try to get out to some of the rocky areas up north at least 2-3 times a season.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepwave
I have the 3.5" aev north degree lift kit , doesn't come with control arms and so far I haven't found a need for them out on the trails but I do plan on hitting bigger and better trails this summer. I also want to pick up a set of control arms to prepare myself if I decide on going for 37s (don't like the idea of trimming the pinch seam)

So I'm just looking for suggestions or opinions on adjustable control arms. To be honest $$ isn't rally my biggest fear. I'd save up and wait for an open house sale for a good deal

My first choice was currie
My second was jks
My third was teraflex

Anyone have first hand experience who can lead me in a good direction/choice of adjustable control arms?

I can add that I do rock crawl at some events but not a whole lot. I live in a pretty wet land so a lot of the trails here are uproots and mud...though I try to get out to some of the rocky areas up north at least 2-3 times a season.
I run Currie uppers and Rock Krawler lowers, both work great for me.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

Have you looked at Metalcloak? They offer more articulation and ride really well.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by k0260
I run Currie uppers and Rock Krawler lowers, both work great for me.
What made you run different sets? Or did the rock krawlers come with your kit?
Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by matprovo
Have you looked at Metalcloak? They offer more articulation and ride really well.
I just took a look now they seem pretty advanced, do you run them?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepwave

I just took a look now they seem pretty advanced, do you run them?
I just got them installed a few days ago. I think they are amazing compared to stock (my only comparison). From others I've talked to who added them to their suspension they say they noticed an improved on road ride quality. That's just adding the arms. I added arms, springs and shocks.

Several people road/drove my jeep and said it was the best riding jeep they've been in. It's all objective though.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

Anyone else recommend the control arms I was looking at ?..
Old 01-28-2013, 05:56 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I run the all JKS arms and links. They flex very well and are thick/heavy. The rubber bushings in the JKS arms can sometimes be the a Pro and a Con. They help with the road vibes and are almost maintenance free (inspect for hollowing and slack like any suspension component). I had to replace a bushing from human error and it wasn't as easy as I hoped. Luckily JKS has great support and sent me a new bushing at no cost and talked me through the process to replace the bushing. I cannot find any bind in the arms during articulation.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Currie makes a damn good arm, theres a reason why we run Currie Joints in our long arm, they will take anything we throw at them. We have not found another Joint that will handle the flex like a Currie Johnny joint.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the Metalcloaks also. Ride and flex a lot better than my last 2 sets of control arms.

Quick Reply: Control arm suggestions