Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

control arms on 2.5 lift

Old 10-10-2012, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default control arms on 2.5 lift

How many people have had to use uca's or lca's after your 2.5 or so lift to correct any camber problems and any problems in general? Should I just put them on regardless????
Old 10-10-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had my 2.5" lift on for over six months and I don't think it is necessary. I did not notice much of a change in flighty ness.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hogwild
How many people have had to use uca's or lca's after your 2.5 or so lift to correct any camber problems and any problems in general? Should I just put them on regardless????
You won't need lca's or uca's until you go up to 3" +. Unless you want smoother flex with arms that utilize a Johnny/flex joint. I started off with 2.5, didn't need anything but the coils and shocks. Went up to 3" and needed a whole lot of other goodies to regain ride quality and performance.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hogwild
Think you mean castor. The higher the suspension goes the more it changes, so for sure it will be different at 2.5". It makes the steering feel flighty or twitchy. Some drivers hate it, others don't mind until it gets hard to control.

I don't think you can go wrong by using suspension components that keep the Jeep handling at its best.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Freewill
Think you mean castor. The higher the suspension goes the more it changes, so for sure it will be different at 2.5". It makes the steering feel flighty or twitchy. Some drivers hate it, others don't mind until it gets hard to control.

I don't think you can go wrong by using suspension components that keep the Jeep handling at its best.

agreed. its up to you, i have no complaints with my 2.5 JKS lift but its your ride. i might tweak mine a bit to make it drive " tighter ". but as of right now, I'm not changing anything
Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

interesting thread. I am running into quite a bit of flightyness on a 2.5 inch lift now.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor

We always recommend installing at a minimum adjustable front lower control arms. Not only do these arms correct the castor issues but they are also much stronger than the factory arms.

At 2.5" of lift the castor is off but its not terrible. You will lose some of the factory drivability and have some "flighty" steering (some people may not notice it). Pretty much any suspension lift will change the geometry its just a matter of how receptive the driver is to that change.

Let us know if we can help at all.

Quick Reply: control arms on 2.5 lift