Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Control arms

Old 04-16-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control arms

I am looking to get a lift kit for my 08' 4-door Jeep wrangler. And I was wondering if the control arm's on the Full Traction 3" lift kit are longer than the factory control arm? Or are they just stronger for the flexing that comes with off roading

Thanks
Matthew
Old 04-16-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i too have a 4dr 08 and have been doing alot of reading. from what i know and i am no expert by no means, but the control arms are longer. when you do a lift it pulls the axles toward the center (i.e. the front axle to toward the back and rear axle toward the front) a little depending on the height of your lift. some 3 in lifts correct this by using cam bolts on the lower control arms. if there are other members that read this and it is wrong please correct.

Quick Reply: Control arms