Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

the coolest thing happened today....

Old 07-01-2014, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the coolest thing happened today....

so about 6 months ago i had a friend give me a bunch of suspension stuff off a 13 JKUR and told me to throw it away or do what ever I wanted to with it. I never paid any attention to the stuff except that with it all came a hard top cart and door cart, at the time i wasnt thinking about buying a JK and really the only jeep i was thinking about maybe buying was a yj so i almost threw it all away when no one hit on my craigslist ad. Well now the times have changed and I have bought a JK, I went and started to look threw this stuff and see if there was anything i could use, well i ran into a huge surprise! Its a Rock Krawler 2.5" flex kit minus the track bar and brake lines! there is a lot of stock parts also in there that were still on it before he changed it to a 6.5" kit. So know i have a rock krawler 2.5:" lift to put on my jeep! im thinking about changing the hiem joints and ordering upper for the front and uppers and lowers for the rear, maybe spend the money i was going to spend on this same kit to upgrade it to the 2.5 X factor kit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2632191870.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	563030   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-824171895.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	563031  
Old 07-01-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you have stock Rubicon shocks so you'll need to get shock extensions or upgrade your shocks!!
Old 07-01-2014, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Didn't think about mentioning that but I plan on doing fox 2.0's all the way around
Old 07-01-2014, 08:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
Didn't think about mentioning that but I plan on doing fox 2.0's all the way around
Love my fox 2.0s fitted with my rock krawler 2.5" xfactor. Think there is a guy in here selling a rock krawler front tracbar.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

I've got a Rock Krawler Adjustable Front Track Bar for the JK... PM me if you're interested
Old 07-02-2014, 04:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chapmans
I've got a Rock Krawler Adjustable Front Track Bar for the JK... PM me if you're interested
Pm sent

Has anyone run Rock Krawler's shocks? I figured out that one of the. Shocks in all of this stuff is one of them, I want to say the rest may still be in the other boxes but I'm not sure, I think there may have been 2 sets of shocks in all of the stuff but I'm not sure. If I can just rebuild them and save from buying new shocks I will do that, if they aren't a worth rebuilding I will just do Foxs
Old 07-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
Pm sent

Has anyone run Rock Krawler's shocks? I figured out that one of the. Shocks in all of this stuff is one of them, I want to say the rest may still be in the other boxes but I'm not sure, I think there may have been 2 sets of shocks in all of the stuff but I'm not sure. If I can just rebuild them and save from buying new shocks I will do that, if they aren't a worth rebuilding I will just do Foxs
We run the RRD's and love them. It looks as if the one RRD you have pictured is stuck in the collapsed position. If you find the rest of those shocks it is definitely worth having them rebuilt, it will cost a fraction of the cost of buying new shocks.

Good find and congratulations on the JK. PM us if you would like pricing on any of the remaining RK components you are thinking about.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

That shock is stuck for sure, if the rest are there I will take that advice. I can always sell them If I don't like them. Pm sent by the way
Old 07-02-2014, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome! Be sure to post pics when its done
Old 07-02-2014, 11:52 AM
JK Freak

i will for sure, i have to get the jeep in my possession first though lol. i bought it with a bad motor, and am having a reman 3.8 long block put in it as we speak, it should be done either this after noon or tomorrow depending on how hard they have been working. after i get it i will make sure i have no other bugs to work out and then the modding will begin, first things are lift wheels tires and programmer along with a few other little things. im trying to decide if i should run 33's or 35's because im not ready to regear yet, i guess it depends on what gear it has in it from the factory but i will figure that out once i have the jeep in my possession.

Quick Reply: the coolest thing happened today....