Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx

Old 08-13-2012, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx

I have found a great deal on a set of these tires. They are in a 285/70/17 load E. I was wondering if any one here on the forum has any experience with these tires. If not, how many of you are running E rated tires? How harsh is the ride?

This is going to be for a DD. 09 JKU. I will be running a TF leveling kit and wheel spacers.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:32 AM
JK Newbie

The ST Maxx's are a great tire. I love them. They ride really well, and so far have worn really well. They do not produce much more noise than the stock ones did. I get within 1-2 mpg of what I got with stock. Good in mud and muck, and are decent in sand. Have not had them in snow yet, but will here in a few weeks.

-Jeff
Old 09-18-2012, 02:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I am running the exact tire. air them down to 30psi or lower, and it will be fine. They will be a little harsh on cracks small bumps but they are great up in the trails. and no noise. if your roads have ruts, they will wander a bit but thats the norm with square edges on tires.

Im very pleased.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

I am running them on my stock 18" rims, so far i love them.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

After my lift these are what I plan to run. The nice natty Bo pic d

Quick Reply: Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx