Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Correct Rancho shocks for 2.5" lift?

Old 01-12-2012, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correct Rancho shocks for 2.5" lift?

Last week I installed a Teraflex Budget boost lift on my JKU. I busted the bolt on the top of the stock front shocks and wound up ordering a set of Ranco RS9000XL shocks from my local parts store. They ordered me the shocks labeled for a 4" lift. A Rancho rep confirmed that they only make shocks for a stock JKU or for a 4" lift. The 4" lift shocks are 15.5 inches compressed and 25 inches expanded. Will that provide enough shock travel for my JKU?

Anyone else have a 2.5 inch lift with Rancho shocks? If so which ones did you get?
Old 01-12-2012, 02:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are the shocks that I got. There is something strange going on here. This is the second time that I've heard that Rancho doesn't make shocks for this size lift, but as you can see they do. Unless this is a misprint.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Lift-Kits-Je...pn=RANRS999330
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Lift-Kits-Je...pn=RANRS999329

On Rancho's website, it says that these are for a 4" lift. But, it also says that part# RS999331/332 are also for a 4" lift. Which one is correct, I don't know. I do know that these give me more than enough flex. Enough to drop the driveshaft onto my tranny pan. So if you have an auto, be prepared to need a new driveshaft. Unless of course, you already have an aftermarket.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the links. According to rancho though that is a misprint. I'm glad to hear that you have them on your truck without issues. I will have them in my hand tomorrow so I will check them out then.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Btw what setting do you like for street use?
Old 01-12-2012, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by olsen185
Btw what setting do you like for street use?
I had them set around 4-5, but I ripped both adjustment knobs off the rears while wheeling, so they are stuck on 10. Needless to say the ride is borderline uncomfortable for a DD. Apparently I can get new knobs from Rancho's C/S, but I just don't see how they would be able to be swapped. The damn things are mangled beyond recognition.

Quick Reply: Correct Rancho shocks for 2.5" lift?