Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Crap! Halfway through install of AEV 2.5 2 door kit...On a 4 door!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably. Since I can't find a brand name on the lift my guess is that its a cheap crap one.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

When I had my tj I remember there being hard top specific springs . I have a soft top- maybe I have hard top springs in the rear?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 07norcal
When I had my tj I remember there being hard top specific springs . I have a soft top- maybe I have hard top springs in the rear?
No idea dude....sorry. Not sure how else to help you...other than throw spacers up front or get a new lift or deal with it, haha
Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, probably need to just get some heavy stuff mounted back there : )
Old 03-09-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Freak

I'm not hijacking the thread since he has resolution pending, but.....

4 weeks ago I put on my TF 2.5" coils with Bilstein 5100s. It was pretty level for the 1st 2 weeks and then one day I looked at my Jeep in the parking lot and...Click image for larger version

Name:	I.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	286922

I called TF and worked with them over the phone on some adjustments to my discos. In the end they sent me out some spacers and a hat free of charge to correct the sag. I have to say I'm pretty pleased overall with the quality of their lift, although I am a little concerned about putting a bumper and winch on later. Their customer service is awesome!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rays0852
I'm not hijacking the thread since he has resolution pending, but.....

4 weeks ago I put on my TF 2.5" coils with Bilstein 5100s. It was pretty level for the 1st 2 weeks and then one day I looked at my Jeep in the parking lot and...Attachment 286922

I called TF and worked with them over the phone on some adjustments to my discos. In the end they sent me out some spacers and a hat free of charge to correct the sag. I have to say I'm pretty pleased overall with the quality of their lift, although I am a little concerned about putting a bumper and winch on later. Their customer service is awesome!
lifts/coil springs arent really geared towards added weight POST-INSTALL. Yea, some do "tighten up" to lessen some of the added weight, but if you start to add a heavy fullwidth bumper, a winch, grill guard with extra lights, d rings, etc....no matter what, its gonna sag unless you put taller springs or spacers in. so, if you plan on adding more stuff, you are gonna have sagging and either need to add a bigger spacer, or your better solution would be taller springs.

Quick Reply: Crap! Halfway through install of AEV 2.5 2 door kit...On a 4 door!