Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie lift kit help

Old 01-26-2019, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Currie lift kit help

Hi guys first time Jeep owner and poster. I caught the bug and want to start mods soon. The Jeep will be used for a mix of onroad and Offroad. When Offroad I won’t be doing any crazy crawling but would like to take it on the rubicon trail. I’m interested in the Currie 4” lift kit and wanted to get your opinions. Particularly 14 Jeep Wrangler (JK) Currie 4 Inch RockJock Lift Kit - CE-9807S. This kit runs anywhere from $1000-1200. It’s on the cheaper side of other lifts I’m looking at but considering everything things else I’m going to need to run 37s (gears, driveshafts, steering, shocks, wheels, tires) I’d like to save money on the lift if this seems like a good product. Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.

Last edited by valderam15; 01-26-2019 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Wrong title
Old 01-27-2019, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Read the sticky on lifts then explain why you chose that kit, please.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Read the sticky on lifts then explain why you chose that kit, please.
You'll find these stickies are at the top of the Modified Tech area, not here in JK Talk. Some good info to get you pointed in the right direction.

Currie 4 Inch RockJock Lift Kit - CE-9807S
After you look through the FAQ's and Thoughts on Lifts threads in the modified tech section, take a look at the specific components in the various lifts.
Of note for this one:
- Drop Pitman - do a quick search and gather some insight into the general feeling toward this form of steering correction.
- Front Upper Adj control arms - Front uppers are adjusted shorter than stock to raise the caster. With taller lifts, at some point you run out of adjustability, since they can not adjust any shorter. When a single set is used, front lowers are preferred. You might also do some reading on control arm brackets as opposed to arms, so you have an idea of what they do.
- Joints - Many people like johnny joints, while many prefer other types of joints. Wouldn't hurt to do some research on the options. And remember that the more zerks you have, the more you need to keep greased. (that thought goes for driveshafts as well!!)

Last edited by nthinuf; 01-27-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Moved to Modified Tech section where there are more discussions about suspension lifts and some good sticky advise threads.

Quick Reply: Currie lift kit help