Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Custom Fab Tube Fenders

Old 03-10-2008, 11:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a-squared
everything about that jeep was cool....I actually spoke (via email) with AEV about just using their winch plate, as seen on the skunkworks jeep, but didnt notice the turn signals till now....pretty cool.
I was able to find those head lights online. They from an 80s era chevy. if anyone wants the website (dont wanna post it) feel free to PM me
Old 03-11-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I saw in a mag I just bought there is a company coming out with tube fenders front and rear for the JK. I left the magazine at work but I'll pick it up, gotta work 11 to 3, and post later what the company's name is. It was either in Peterson's 4 wheel and off road or in Four Wheeler.

Ty
Old 03-11-2008, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

Yeah, I saw that too....it a company that has been banned from this forum for inappropriately promoting their products....I've also read some threads about them on another forum that had some very unhappy reviews on their fenders...
Old 03-11-2008, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

Dudes, I had an idea today that might help us out a little....manufacturers feel free to use this, but try to hook me, and other forum members in this thread up, if you push this forward...

How about some inexpensive and easy to manufacture brackets that would connect the stock fender flares to the body but raise them up and out of the way an inch or two to give greater clearance for larger tires....Sort of a "Highline Fender Conversion" via brackets.....You could make them one low profile piece that hooks up to the same mounting points as the stock fender flares, and alows the consumer to quickly remove the fender flares on the trail if he wants...but remains in place as a low profile steel strip, or tube...whatever you decide..

What do you guys think??????

Last edited by a-squared; 03-11-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-11-2008, 10:52 AM
JK Freak

PureJeep had VERY nice tube fenders they showed off last Summer; as did MORE. I liked the MORE fenders a lot. The MORE guys told me it took no less than 30hours to manufacture the one DEMO set they had at Pomona. 30 hours!!! It's easy to make one or two sets, the problem is when you transfer them over to mass production. The new JK body is rounded where it's never been rounded before, so everyone has had to start fresh.

I’m sure MOAB will bring out a few new designs and an announcement or two about tube fenders – especially considering that almost everyone now has a Long Arm kit for the JK.

If you can’t wait for the tube fenders, then cut your existing fenders. The plastic bounces back nicely from impacts and when cut, you get a HUGE amount of room for bigger tires and more articulation.

Administrator Note:
Please note that several posts in this thread have been deleted due to the fact that they were in regards to a company that has been BLACKLISTED. This company has been BLACKLISTED because of their questionable business practices and conduct here. We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY regarding companies that engage in undercover soliciting and would appreciate it if you would please refrain from any further discussion regarding them or the products that they make.

Thank you,
Administrator

Last edited by wayoflifette; 03-22-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by a-squared
Dudes, I had an idea today that might help us out a little....manufacturers feel free to use this, but try to hook me, and other forum members in this thread up, if you push this forward...

How about some inexpensive and easy to manufacture brackets that would connect the stock fender flares to the body but raise them up and out of the way an inch or two to give greater clearance for larger tires....Sort of a "Highline Fender Conversion" via brackets.....You could make them one low profile piece that hooks up to the same mounting points as the stock fender flares, and alows the consumer to quickly remove the fender flares on the trail if he wants...but remains in place as a low profile steel strip, or tube...whatever you decide..

What do you guys think??????
It's easier to simply cut the stock fenders.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dayton1999
It's easier to simply cut the stock fenders.
Have you cut yours? And if so do you have any pics????? What about the ridges underneath...They seem like they could go away but may leave everything floppy...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

If you down load the poison spyder catalog on their site you'll see they do offer the ones for the rear...you can also see them front and rear on the Peterson's 4Wheel and Offroad Ultimate Adventure 2007 JK...It looks pretty good!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to hear from anyone who has cut their stock fenders with pics as well if possible. I will be doing this some time this month. Just looking for any experiences anyone has.
Thanks
Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Freak

Any thougts on the Brackets idea above????

Quick Reply: Custom Fab Tube Fenders