Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

D30 / D30A and an Aussie locker

Old 03-03-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D30 / D30A and an Aussie locker

Hey all. Well I installed my Aussie locker in my JK this weekend. I wrote the folks at Aussie asking for stickers as they do not come with the kit. They replyed and were suprised it went in without any issues. They asked what D30 I had, a D30 or D30A or a D30 with an aluminum carrier. The carrier was not aluminum. So how would I know what version D30 I have? And if there was an issue with the locker, how would I know? It seems to work just fine?

Old 03-03-2008, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

you have a reg. d30 the d30a is the alum. housing dana 30 that the KJ's and the KK's use.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:41 PM
JK Newbie

Default ???

i repropose the question.

i e-mailed torq-master to buy a locker XD-13027 for my jeep JK 07 dana 30 front axle and they responded me:

"Please check with your Jeep dealer using the VIN number and find out if your Dana 30 is a "Next Generation Dana 30" differential. Jeep started using these in 2007 vehicles and if you have this differential there are no lockers currently available. We are looking at developing one, but it is in the early stages of engineering review."

i dont understand, what means?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:29 AM
JK Newbie

I guess I am a bit confused as well. There are quite a few folks in this forum who istalled Aussies. My JK is a 2007 the the HP D30. The install went without a hitch (about 2hrs from start to finish). If there are going to be issues what would they be?

Old 03-04-2008, 03:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Aussie issues

Originally Posted by MuddyToy
you have a reg. d30 the d30a is the alum. housing dana 30 that the KJ's and the KK's use.
Did you or are you having any issues with your Aussie and D30? I am running new gears as well 5:13 so if it was a shim issue, the new R/P proably assisted in correct allignment???

I don't understand the problem so not sure if there is even an issue?

Quick Reply: D30 / D30A and an Aussie locker