Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

d44 vs d30

Old 01-03-2008, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d44 vs d30

4WD.com is offering 15% off any single item which means a Dana 44 shipped to my door will run $1300 - pretty good deal. How much extra strength will a d44 offer over a d30 that has been upgraded with shafts and a nice locker? Is it worth the extra cash for the d44 and the stock elocker? I plan on running 35's. My wheeling has been pretty mild so far but I tend to head out with only myself and my two young kids so I'd like to have a rig that is very reliable. Thanks for taking a look. This is my first Jeep an I have much to learn.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tough call... i know i run 35" with my D30 (along with many other members on here) and i would say my wheeling falls more into the moderate/wild category with the rocks and it has been fine so far for 17k miles. If you do more light to moderate (trails, hills, creeks, mud holes) and you have upgraded parts of the axle i think you will be fine for awhile. Eventually it will catch up with us.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a lo pinion 30 with chromo shaft on my tj and wheeled in places like Johnson Valley without a single failure. The JK 30 is stronger than the tj version so with a locker and chromo shafts, I would say you would be in pretty good shape.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

checked the price earlier today. made my mind up and went back to order and the sale was off. the ghey wads.

Quick Reply: d44 vs d30