Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dana ultimate 60s show and tell

Old 10-30-2016, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twinz33
Factory axle wms is 65in UD 60's wms is 69in 4 inches wider 20x10 atx slabs w/ 3.6in backspace. 40x15.50 nitto mud grapplers puts me at 90inches wide
do u have an image from the front of the jeep looking at it?
Old 10-30-2016, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
im out of town and not with my jeep. When i return next week i will take a couple and post them
Old 10-30-2016, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running UD60's with 40x13.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers mounted on KMC Machetes which are 17x9 and 3.5" back space. I'll post a straight on shot in the morning along with the outside to outside measurement.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maxspongebob
I have been looking at these and there is one piece of info that I can not find. Maybe someone here knows.

On the front UD60, is there additional caster and pinion angle built in. I found that the Dynatrac 60 has 10 degrees of angle between the pinion and the C's so you can keep a decent caster angle and still point the pinion up based on your lift.
The separation is 9 on the UD60. For most rigs, I think 10 is a little too much and 9 would be better. Unless you are running north of a 4.5" lift.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you guys be more descriptive on the issue you are both bringing up? I'm use to dana 44s and dana 30s nothing with a huge locking hub and such thanks!
From the factory, these use a clicking style jam nut that makes clicking sounds as you torque it. I believe this style of nut was found on some early Dana 70s and has a larger diameter than a traditional locking nut. I was on the phone with Randys/Yukon for quite some time trying to figure out why my jam nut was repeatedly loosening itself and why the spring from the lock out hub was getting jammed between the inside of the hub and the spring retainer. They determined that the Yukon hubs are not compatible with this style of nut and that I need to switch over to a conventional locking nut which they sent. I havent had an issue since then but I will be checking intermittently to make sure it is still tight.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:09 AM
Cod
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by twinz33
Factory axle wms is 65in
UD 60's wms is 69in

4 inches wider

20x10 atx slabs w/ 3.6in backspace. 40x15.50 nitto mud grapplers puts me at 90inches wide
I've seen you around the area a few times, nice Jeep!! Jealous of the 60's!!
Old 10-31-2016, 08:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations
From the factory, these use a clicking style jam nut that makes clicking sounds as you torque it. I believe this style of nut was found on some early Dana 70s and has a larger diameter than a traditional locking nut. I was on the phone with Randys/Yukon for quite some time trying to figure out why my jam nut was repeatedly loosening itself and why the spring from the lock out hub was getting jammed between the inside of the hub and the spring retainer. They determined that the Yukon hubs are not compatible with this style of nut and that I need to switch over to a conventional locking nut which they sent. I havent had an issue since then but I will be checking intermittently to make sure it is still tight.
The stock UD60 nut is a D60/70 nut that you can also find on the Ram 3500. It is also a match for a late model Sterling. When functioning properly, they work great. Any D60 spindle nut will work though.

The issue people were having was due to the hubs not being fully seated when torqued. New hubs have tight seals. Dana has a machine that presses the hubs on before torquing. What happened is that the machine was not stroking far enough and therefore was not fully seating the hubs (that issue has been resolved, but assume it can effect anyone with UD60s up until very recently). There are different torque procedures depending on how the new hub is installed. With it not fully seated, there was a good chance the torque process would not fully seat the hub. Those are people who had axles show up with loose hubs, or it occurred during the first couple thousand miles(usually).
Old 10-31-2016, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guys struggling with the install of the ebrake line? Is there something different that I need now that the ultimates are in? The evrake latch is in a different area too
Old 11-01-2016, 04:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations
Not to get off topic too much, Yukon's lockouts are also incompatible with the Stage 8 X Lock system as well. The Yukons only seem to work with the standard Spicer spindle nuts.

Quick Reply: Dana ultimate 60s show and tell