Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dang exhaust manifolds

Old 07-05-2013, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dang exhaust manifolds

Well less than 10000 miles since I changed my drivers side exhaust manifold and guess what? Its cracked again!! I just do not want to keep replacing it every year but damn I can't afford rip headers and I do not see any other fix for it. Sorry just ranting.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about getting the manifolds ceramic coated? Maybe the heat reduction / coating from that process will make the manifolds last longer and prevent it from cracking

Old 07-05-2013, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Afraid to put money into that and then have it crack again. Anybody know if the Crown exhaust manifold is the same as oem as in are they also the supplier?
Old 07-05-2013, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same thing happen to my 2003 Trailblazer after 2 stock manifolds had to swap it out for a Kook's stainless steel header...sometimes you just have to spend the money and it is an upgrade!

Quick Reply: Dang exhaust manifolds