Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash light dim turn signal...

Old 11-27-2019, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dash light dim turn signal...

Do your dash lights dim when you turn your turn signal on?

2007 JKU Sahara

I am pretty sure it has always done it, and I have upgraded the battery ground, alternator wires to 0 gauge. New alternator as well.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:39 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

I have never experienced this, nor seen anyone else talking about it. I would be down the same line of thinking you are though, with the idea being a bad ground somewhere. I've dealt with bad grounds on a different vehicle, and it was the most frustrated I think I've ever been working on a car.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
I have never experienced this, nor seen anyone else talking about it. I would be down the same line of thinking you are though, with the idea being a bad ground somewhere. I've dealt with bad grounds on a different vehicle, and it was the most frustrated I think I've ever been working on a car.
where would you start checking for grounds?
Old 11-29-2019, 04:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I just had to replace the turn signal lever on my 2007 because the dash light control was erratic. That is, it wouldn't dim the lights, but it would cause the interior dome light to come on at different places than usual. It's about a $90-100 part at your local auto parts stores, and a five minute job once you figure out how to get the shroud apart. Also, FYI, your OEM alternator in a 2007 JK was 160-amp. Replacements may be the lower 140-amp used in later model JKs.

Quick Reply: Dash light dim turn signal...