Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Organizer - Mopar? Other?

Old 05-20-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKatfish
Vector off-road makes an E dock, which may solve your needs. Check their website I just screwed a block of wood using the center screw and then mounted my gps and go pro to the wood. Works fine.

This. I have the edock on my Jeep and it's the most flexible/customizable solution when paired with RAM mounts.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vector Offroad
We have the new Full Width 11+ E-dock available now. Vector Offroad
According to the installation instructions, there are 2 removable tabs, under which there're bolts to connect to.
There're no such tabs on my '12 JKUR...

The Rugged Ridge '12 Wrangler Dash Organizer (which is actually identical to the MOPAR 'OEM Jeep Wrangler Dash Organizer') is supposed to be mounted through the same tabs, which do not exist on my Jeep.

Do I miss something, or are those dash organizers not suitable for the '12 ?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GJeep
According to the installation instructions, there are 2 removable tabs, under which there're bolts to connect to.
There're no such tabs on my '12 JKUR...

The Rugged Ridge '12 Wrangler Dash Organizer (which is actually identical to the MOPAR 'OEM Jeep Wrangler Dash Organizer') is supposed to be mounted through the same tabs, which do not exist on my Jeep.

Do I miss something, or are those dash organizers not suitable for the '12 ?
They are there, but difficult to find. Jeep did a great job of hiding them on the dash. Search a bit more, and you will be able to locate them.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Junkie

They are there, but difficult to find. Jeep did a great job of hiding them on the dash. Search a bit more, and you will be able to locate them.
OK, I'll check, although the top of my dashboard looks different than in your pictures.
I'm not in the US, so maybe I got a European version which is somewhat different?

Last edited by GJeep; 05-22-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

OK, I'll check, although the top of my dashboard looks different than in your pictures.
I'm not in the US, so maybe I got a European version which is somewhat different?
If you get a moment, post some pics of the top of your dash, and we will try and see if we can locate them.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:30 PM
JK Junkie

If you get a moment, post some pics of the top of your dash, and we will try and see if we can locate them.
Thanks! It's after midnight over here... I'll do that tomorrow, in daylight.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:27 AM
JK Junkie

Yes, Jeep did a great job of hiding them... can't be seen unless you lean forward all the way.

Very obvious, though, with the camera right on top and with light coming from the side -- this must be the tab :

Click image for larger version

Name:	PowerPoint -- IMG_3238 - JPEG.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	554982 Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	554983

As the connection goes down through the air-conditioner cold air stream, I wonder about condensation dripping down there.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Yes, Jeep did a great job of hiding them... can't be seen unless you lean forward all the way.

Very obvious, though, with the camera right on top and with light coming from the side -- this must be the tab :

Attachment 554982 Attachment 554983

As the connection goes down through the air-conditioner cold air stream, I wonder about condensation dripping down there.
Great, glad you found them. The 07-10 design has had a tab in that location and in use since 2011 when we first rolled the e-dock's out. We have never had any problems with condensation.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:14 AM
JK Junkie

Great, glad you found them. The 07-10 design has had a tab in that location and in use since 2011 when we first rolled the e-dock's out. We have never had any problems with condensation.
OK, sending a PM.

Quick Reply: Dash Organizer - Mopar? Other?