Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Daystar 1 3/4" Lift...PLEASE HELP...

Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Daystar 1 3/4" Lift...PLEASE HELP...

I am considering the Daystar 1 3/4" lift on my 2008 2 door JK. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am only interested if this is a very simple process. Meaning, I only want to put the spacers in and be done. No mods to steering, fuel lines, brake lines, radiator, etc. I say this because I am not a very mechanical guy. Can someone PLEASE leave some feedback. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:25 PM
JK Super Freak

i used to have that same spacer kit on mine, except it was from Rough Country....it's an easy install, just take your time and don't forget any steps. make sure you have a floor jack with jack stands..and just some basic hand tools will be sufficient.

just because it's only spacers doesn't really make it any easier, most of the steps are the same because the same stuff has to come off whether it's a spacer kit or coil kit..
Old 04-16-2009, 08:27 PM
JK Super Freak

also, take a look at this write up...basically the same steps you'll need to follow...

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Old 04-16-2009, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

The write-up that WOL did for the tera-flex lift was a big help for me doing my lift. I didn't have to re-center the steering or anything else. I will say that it would be good to have someone to help.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hayden911
I am considering the Daystar 1 3/4" lift on my 2008 2 door JK. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am only interested if this is a very simple process. Meaning, I only want to put the spacers in and be done. No mods to steering, fuel lines, brake lines, radiator, etc. I say this because I am not a very mechanical guy. Can someone PLEASE leave some feedback. Thanks.
The spacers are a pretty easy install, but you will need to re-center your steering wheel or you will have abs/esp problems, if you are not very mechanical, I would just take it to a reputable local alignment shop
Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nangulator
The spacers are a pretty easy install, but you will need to re-center your steering wheel or you will have abs/esp problems, if you are not very mechanical, I would just take it to a reputable local alignment shop
not necessarily...i never had any issues with my steering with the 1.75" or the 2.5" spacers....but i did when i went to the coils + spacers. btw, if you do take it to a shop i wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred bucks in labor.....really, i would just do it myself if i were you....it took me less than 2 hours to do it by myself, and that was the first time i had ever installed a lift.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Freak

I installed the Rough Country 1.75" lift by myself, in my driveway in a few hours. It was the first time I ever installed a lift. Steering wheel didn't need to be re-centered. Read over the installation instructions several times to fully understand the process before you begin.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here you go:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...stalling+hella

Quick Reply: Daystar 1 3/4" Lift...PLEASE HELP...