Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death wobble with lift

Old 02-25-2013, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVRDUN
Like I said the whole draglink needs replaced. So soon as you left Firestone you encountered DW?

Did they give you a printout if your alignment settings? If so what's your caster at?

Also, I again very strongly encourage you to not use a drop pitman arm. They are not recommended for the JK due to the way the steering box and sector shaft are mounted.

Look at what a new draglink cost then look at various draglink flip kits. With 6" of lift a flip kit will be the only correct way to fix your problem.
Yeah its the drag link. I just checked it. THe ball joint has about 1/4 inch of play left and right. Funny thing is the old dead lift never did it. Im guessing because it was dead to the point where i was at about stock height again. Time to call 4 Wheel parts tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Winged

Yeah its the drag link. I just checked it. THe ball joint has about 1/4 inch of play left and right. Funny thing is the old dead lift never did it. Im guessing because it was dead to the point where i was at about stock height again. Time to call 4 Wheel parts tomorrow.
The old lift probably never did it because it wasn't 6" of lift. Going with that much lift puts extra strain on a lot if different parts.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I'm just going to say it. You all can laugh at me all you want. I'm cool with it. It was the track bar. I failed and put it in upside down. I called rough country and talked to them. Sure enough. Fail on me. So tomorrow I get to drive it to work and see if that was what was the main reason. Please tell me I'm stupid. It was the first major undertaking on the jeep I have ever done and I'm still quite proud of it. Turned out nice in my book
Old 02-27-2013, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lmao- well at least you learned something!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Isn't that the point of having a jeep. How many do you see in junk yards. None here in Vegas. They never die. Just get rebuilt. Again. Thanks to everybody for your input. It helped out a lot.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Winged
So I'm just going to say it. You all can laugh at me all you want. I'm cool with it. It was the track bar. I failed and put it in upside down. I called rough country and talked to them. Sure enough. Fail on me. So tomorrow I get to drive it to work and see if that was what was the main reason. Please tell me I'm stupid. It was the first major undertaking on the jeep I have ever done and I'm still quite proud of it. Turned out nice in my book
99% of the time DW is track bar related.
Upside down.... Prob the first

Glad you figured it out.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

So it helped out alot. Drove it today and it still did it just not as bad and not as offten. Im thinking the drag link joints are shot too. Those parts come in friday and ill see of that solves the problem. After that im out of ideas and im taking it to somebody.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do some research about a draglink flip kit. It is absolutely recommended / needed for a lift over 4". If after replacing your draglink you still have issues I would very seriously look into draglink flip kits.

If you insist on taking it somewhere take it to Adams Driveshaft. They are fellow Jeepers and are involved with a local off road club. They will be able to help diagnose/fix your problem.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was going to go to them or 4 Wheel parts. Adams drive shaft is a bit of a drive.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

You will get much better customer support with Adams. 4 wheel parts is just another big box company.

Quick Reply: Death wobble with lift