Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Definitive Esp Fix

Old 06-05-2007, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Definitive Esp Fix

I know there has been A LOT of talk backand forth concerning individuals installing lifts and having their ESP going off around curves. I was wondering if a definitive solution has been found to solve this problem?

I upgraded to 33" NITTO Teragrapplers with a 2" FULL TRACTION BB. My ESP only goes of on very sharp curves. Speed doesn't matter.... I only go 20mph and it still activates.

In addition, I now turn off the ESP before I exit a very sharp off-ramp near my home knowing that the ESP will activate, but the ESP still engages. Any one know why it still kicks in even after I turn it off?

Old 06-05-2007, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

regarding your last question, on 2WD mode, the ESP cannot be turned off completely. Even after you push the button, it'll still be partially on. You can only turn it off completely on 4hi or 4lo (on 4 hi, it's only up to certain speed)
Old 06-05-2007, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bim6180
You can only turn it off completely on 4hi or 4lo (on 4 hi, it's only up to certain speed)
I believe that is only true in 4Lo, and ESP will engage at 40mph in 4Lo...
Old 06-05-2007, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RockRash
40 in 4lo is wa to fast you should not go over 20mph
Agreed! Don't believe I have even come close to 40mph in 4Lo...

Quick Reply: Definitive Esp Fix