Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Detroit Locker Installed.. Oh yea!!!!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detroit Locker Installed.. Oh yea!!!!

well its been 3 day now since I got my JK out of the shop. I put alot of thought and research into it, and I went with the Eaton Detroit Locker, not the true trac either.

I must say I was worried how it would handle and drive but I really like it so far. And it was only 810.00 parts and labor. Cant wait to hit some trails with it now...
Old 04-29-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

They are great. Bad in the snow at high speeds but manageable. I had Detroit front and back in my TJ when I lived in the Chicago area. I drove my pickup when it snowed because it was hard to go in a straight line in 4WD with the Detroit. Seeing that you live in TN, shouldn't be an issue very often if at all.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

yea we dont get much of the white stuff here, so that should not be too much of an issue. Now I just have to save for the next mod..
Old 04-29-2011, 08:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every once in awhile your gonna get a loud pop from the rear, sounds like you just broke an axle. Other than that , they're great!
Old 04-30-2011, 01:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice dude, got my detroit a month ago now and havent had a chance to use it on the trail yet.. It is pretty much invisible unless you gas it on corners, and I can feel it lock when I accelerate suddenly but its not bad at all.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

yea already gettin use to the loud clunk when i put my trans in reverse. was planning to go to turkey bay at LBL in kentucky today... UGH!!! they were closed due to the amount of heavy rain we hd this wk. dang I was wanting to try my new locker out

Quick Reply: Detroit Locker Installed.. Oh yea!!!!