Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Differential Cover Options

Old 10-03-2014, 05:20 PM
BCT
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differential Cover Options

I'm looking to swap my factory Differential covers with an aftermarket brand... I have a 2014 Rubicon Unlimited with Dana 44s and would like to get Poison Spyder models. I have a JKS adjustable Front track bar installed as well. I also have a 2.5" lift with correction brackets installed. Will I have any contact issues with the PS Diff Covers with my current suspension setup?? I read someplace that with the JKS trackbar installed there may be some rubbing issues. Any additional recommendations are appreciated. Thanks BCT

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 10-03-2014, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have Ruff Stuff covers, 2.5" RK and the JKS Adj track bars with no issues on '12 JKUR
Old 10-03-2014, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by orngkrate
I have Ruff Stuff covers, 2.5" RK and the JKS Adj track bars with no issues on '12 JKUR
Have you extended your front bumpstops?

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2014, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes I have
Old 10-04-2014, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

I went with the poison spider in the rear and in the front just put a diff guard on as I wanted to avoid any interference problems. I honestly think most of the protection comes from stiffening the edge of the stock cover from peeling back more than adding a giant cast iron lump on the diff.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by orangedude71
I went with the poison spider in the rear and in the front just put a diff guard on as I wanted to avoid any interference problems. I honestly think most of the protection comes from stiffening the edge of the stock cover from peeling back more than adding a giant cast iron lump on the diff.
which diff guard are you using?
Old 10-04-2014, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Diff cover and guards.

I used the ARB and have no issues with rubbing. I later installed a Rancho front diff skid plate. I did have to modify it due to the fact that the upper bolts do not line up with the ARB cover. I agree with the above in as much as if you use a good skid plate the factory covers would probably be fine.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I run an ARB and have no issues with it.

sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 10-04-2014, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
which diff guard are you using?
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92023_100.htm Two trips through rubicon with no leaks. My buddy ran the rancho guard and no issues as well
Old 10-05-2014, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have Rokmen covers on both ends of my 2 door. I have the heavy duty TF front trackbar and a TF 2.5 inch lift on 33 inch tires. No interference issues at all.

And if you saw the marks I put on the covers from a run up a rock garden last week you would appreciate that the stock covers would likely have dented. The only other thing I am wondering about now is the "nose" of the diff as I did bang my rear one pretty good, nothing was damaged but I don't know how much that area of the diff can take.

Quick Reply: Differential Cover Options