Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Differential fluid

Old 09-23-2008, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differential fluid

I replaced my stock differential covers and changed the fluids, cleaned out the cavity with break cleaner fluid, dried everything out replaced the fluid, drove around 2 hundred miles and check the level and have a lot of metal on the dip stick (magnetic on end) and the 75w90w mobile on looks real black again, plan is to change the fluid out again with cheap 75w 90w run it about 50 miles and check it again. any comments on this. oh yeah the first change came under 14,000 miles, along with a bit of gear slap. again good comments are welcomed
Old 09-23-2008, 09:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

actually, that's sounds about right and is completely normal. if your fluid were milky in color, that would be the only time i would be alarmed.

Quick Reply: Differential fluid