Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Disconnected air intake tube (gasp!)

Old 09-15-2012, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disconnected air intake tube (gasp!)

Just discovered to my horror that the intake tube on my Airaid CAI has been disconnected at the throttle body for who knows how long-- 3,000 miles at most. There was a bit of dust at the inlet (the tube was offset a bit, covered the opening somewhat). How bad do you think this is? Ugh.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

If you're concerned, you should clean out your intake manifold. Otherwise, just consider yourself lucky and drive on.

Micah
Old 09-15-2012, 12:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by burbingus
If you're concerned, you should clean out your intake manifold. Otherwise, just consider yourself lucky and drive on.

Micah
Yeah I'd say that about sums it up, clean out everything you can and call it good.

Last edited by k0260; 09-15-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

I ran open turbo on a vehicle for over 5,000 miles, and my friends have done so as well. Although it may not be the smartest thing you can do, I don't believe in regular driving conditions anything can be substantially harmed in such a short period. As long as you weren't hitting dirt roads every week, I think you have nothing to worry about.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Cool. I cleaned out what I could, we'll see how things go. I haven't had it off-road really at all yet--just did the lift, gears, drive shafts, wheels, tires... break in period is done, now all I need to do is fix the death wobble. (Another thread already going on that--going to try adjusting the caster up to +6.0, and then new ball joints and the EVO drag link flip kit.) Just finished installing my Poison Spyder evap skid. Ahhhh, can't wait to get out there on the rocks.

Quick Reply: Disconnected air intake tube (gasp!)