Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Do I need Adj track bars?

Old 03-04-2012, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need Adj track bars?

Just put 37s on my 3" Zone lift. The 3" lift did not come with a front adj track bar. It has a bracket for the rear. I was rubbing in the rear with this set up so I installed " inch Teraflex spacers.

Without the spacers the front did not rub on the frame. With the spacers only the front right side rubs on the frame at full lock.

Will a front adj track bar fix this? Also prior to spacers Jeep tracked straight. Now it pulls to the right.

I'm thinking since once side hits and the other doesn't that my whole front axle is not centered to the frame and that an adj track bar would well...adj the track.

On the rear, I have a bracket that drops down the passenger side. How do I measure to see if the rear is centered? From what to what? I'm assuming if I'm not centered I will need an adj track bar for the rear too.

Am I thinking through this correctly?

Other info on my lift. I have new rear links and the rears are on the front.

I have no arms or anything like that. I'm hoping that all I need is adj track bar(s).

Your thoughts knowledge and experience are very much appreciated!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep. I'm pretty sure that an Adjustable track bar would help.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a track bar will locate the axle properly. Also we need to replace the bushings in your rear sway bar links or get new adjustable ones. Also everytime you lift, it needs to be aligned and the steering wheel adjusted...

Bump to locate the measuring points on where the axle is properly centered!

Sorry Rob, 1step foreward, 2 steps back!!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

I like to think of it as 2 forward one back.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Any one else have thoughs?
Old 03-04-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by Robsmst
Just put 37s on my 3" Zone lift. The 3" lift did not come with a front adj track bar. It has a bracket for the rear. I was rubbing in the rear with this set up so I installed " inch Teraflex spacers.

Without the spacers the front did not rub on the frame. With the spacers only the front right side rubs on the frame at full lock.

Will a front adj track bar fix this? Also prior to spacers Jeep tracked straight. Now it pulls to the right.

I'm thinking since once side hits and the other doesn't that my whole front axle is not centered to the frame and that an adj track bar would well...adj the track.

On the rear, I have a bracket that drops down the passenger side. How do I measure to see if the rear is centered? From what to what? I'm assuming if I'm not centered I will need an adj track bar for the rear too.

Am I thinking through this correctly?

Other info on my lift. I have new rear links and the rears are on the front.

I have no arms or anything like that. I'm hoping that all I need is adj track bar(s).

Your thoughts knowledge and experience are very much appreciated!
Rob,when i adjusted my track bar,i measured from the rim face to the frame.This may take 2 people to do.Even 1/16 of an inch can make a difference.I'm running JKS front and rear adjustable track bars
Old 03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by familytime
Rob,when i adjusted my track bar,i measured from the rim face to the frame.This may take 2 people to do.Even 1/16 of an inch can make a difference.I'm running JKS front and rear adjustable track bars
Thanks Famiytime, you the man!

Quick Reply: Do I need Adj track bars?