Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

do it one time.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do it one time.

If you were to put on a lift one time, all at once, money was only a little problem. Long arm or short with all control arms etc.. Is it worth going long for the road ride and moderate offroad trail flexI will only have one shot at this and then I will live with it. Thanks, grey beard in arizona
Old 09-25-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What are your intentions with your rig?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:00 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
What are your intentions with your rig?
I agree then we can make up our mind.... I have a LA lift. Iam just about ready to go EVO Coilover and EVO Lever. As we use our rigs our needs change.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Mostly forest roads and moderate rock crawling. I am interested to know how smooth the bumps are with the long arm compared to the short. We tend to get a little worn out after 8 hours or so in our stock Rubi 4 dr. offroad. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Given what you said in the initial post, is there any reason 'not' to go with a long arm? I can't think of one...

The only real reason is cost, and it sounds like that isn't too terribly much of an issue.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by little pepe
Mostly forest roads and moderate rock crawling. I am interested to know how smooth the bumps are with the long arm compared to the short. We tend to get a little worn out after 8 hours or so in our stock Rubi 4 dr. offroad. Thanks.

Go Long Arm lift it will improve your ride.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

I agree, you're going to have a hard time finding a long arm that rides worse than a short arm(EVO setup aside) and then a long arm with the EVO coilovers as of now is kind of the holy grail of lift kits. I'd probably stick with Rubicon Express of Teraflex and go from there. I'm sure you'd be happy with either one.

I see you're in glendale... I'm often there and run the RE 4.5 and jptwinz and scott are both up there and run the TF 6" long arm, and then there is also Camp Crocker offroad that probably has some combination of a long arm with coilovers laying around. We could probably find a weekend and all meet at camps shop and then you could drive and see all these kits and figure out for yourself what you like...

Doesn't sound too unrealistic to me, we'd just have to talk with the other guys. I figure if you're only lifting it once, and probably spending some good money doing so, you'd probably appreciate some first hand experience with different lifts.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

Well, money is always an issue But... If it means that after a hard days ride, we had the energy for well a little extra activity, it would be worth it. Looking at the 3.5 rock krawler or 4" teraflex with installation in the Phoenix area. Any thoughts or recomidations
Old 09-26-2009, 03:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Booth of those are reputable products with a lot installed kits on this forum, so you'll get a lot a valuable feedback. But the best way to make your decision is to try it and it sounds like Nginier is making you a great offer.

That's how I finally selected my lift, by looking at components in person and more importantly by riding in it.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Yea, its usually not hard to get people to meet up with Camp, if you look around this site, you'll notice that he does some incredible "money is no object" $100k + builds and is in Scottsdale. He'd be a great local shop to get work done but there are also many others. I know that jp, scott and camp sometimes go down to the pavilions car show on saturdays. I'm sure we could get people to show up down there too.

When I went to a Jeep Jamboree at airpark, there was a rockkrawler jeep running their new long arm with a supercharger. I can't speak for the ride but I can tell you that that is one flexy bastard. I wonder if that one is still running around phoenix somewhere?

Quick Reply: do it one time.