Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

do it one time.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife of 35years has said yes I need time to think but you are all right' i need to take a ride Baby sitting the g- daughters but will follow up on the great suggestions
Old 09-26-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's a really possibly dumb question. Do you air down when you go off road? I think it makes as much a difference in ride offroad as your suspension. Just got done myself installing an ARB High output compressor under the hood to make airing back up easier. Next year is air lockers!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

trying not to hijack, but yes, I always air down and it makes a huge difference in ride, especially on grated dirt roads...
Old 09-26-2009, 07:37 PM
JK Super Freak

I mean a long arm is going to probably be better in the long run, but for what you suggested wheeling-wise, I think you would be fine in saving the expense and going with a short arm. In the end it's your Jeep, but I'll tell you I couldn't be happier with my short arm. The flex is decent for what I've been doing and it was a pretty seamless install. I stick with mild trails right now cause I am stuck in an area with crappy trails. In a year when I move home (the mountains of Pennsylvania) I will be able to really put the JK through its paces. I've never rock crawled but on most trails back in PA that I have been able to do, it has been no problem with my set up. Good luck deciding
Old 09-27-2009, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks so much for the input I will take some time and read up on the various systems so that I will not sound like a total idiot.I had spent most of my time looking at short arm kits but I believe for us, we will go long. I will PM on the local look/ride offer, Thanks. Oh, of course we air down.

Quick Reply: do it one time.