Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you have 35's and 5.13's?

Old 06-09-2010, 11:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepoholic

I don't have Yukon but I do have a Lock Right locker by Richmond and really like it. I read in JP magazine that they seem to be good.
The only thing the magazine said was that Yukon Lockers were to new on the market to now if there long lasting.

Good to know.

I have been researching the following;

Grizzley
Yukon
Ox
Detroit

I'm only looking at auto lockers. We all know Detroit. And I am somewhat familiar with Ox'a manual setup but not the auto. And the other two, Grizzly and Yukon, I am not finding many people who have them or abuse their rig enough to tell me if they can take a beating.

But I have time to do research since I went ahead and bought the M3. So all Jeep mods are on hold for a few months.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lock Right is a Auto locker.

i use mine a bunch, never had trouble and seems to work really well.
Lock Right has been around almost as long as detroit.
Check out the wright up in JP magazine about lockers. They covered all of the auto lockers.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
With an automatic, if you have a Rubicon, you want 5.38s. If you don't have a Rubicon, you want 5.13s. You are good up to about 85-90 mph with those gears.

Your buddy who has experience with TJs is thinking about a 3 speed automatic transmission.

At 70 mph with 35s and 5.13s would put you at about 2400 rpm. With 5.38s, it would put you at about 2500 rpm. That is hardly anything for a JK engine.
I ran 35's and 5:13's on my auto '07 2 door X and found it to perfect. I'm about to start a build on my auto '10 4 door rubicon. It may be a dumb question but why would 5:38's be better for a rubi than an X? (assuming both had D44's front and rear)?

Quick Reply: Do you have 35's and 5.13's?