Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Does Teraflex 2.5 lift need adj track bars

Old 09-23-2008, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Does Teraflex 2.5 lift need adj track bars

I have been going crazy this week tyring to balance money with performance. Finally, I have decided to with the 2.5inch Teraflex BB for my 2007 JK-4dr Sahara.

Has anyone installed this and reconnected the rear track bar to the factory axle bracket without a bracket adapter? If so, how much axle shift is there?

Is there a need for using adjustable track bars (rear or front)? I was reviewing WOL's install instructions and it appears that he reconnected the track bars to factor brackets.

Dazed and confused

Thanks
Old 09-23-2008, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you reconnect the rear axle to the factory bracket, your axle is going to shift alot. Neither bar is needed to be replaced to run the 2.5 lift, though alot of people go back later and add a front bar.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

exactly. while new adjustable track bars are nice to have so that you can recenter your axles, they are not needed. when i was running the TF 2.5" BB, i just ran it with my factory track bars.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

Same here I have been running with the 2.5bb since May and kept the ome trackbars. I also took it in for alignment after the lift and added a new steering stabilizer. Been doing some aggressive trails with stock 32's and so far so good. Just a little diff draging.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think when WOL did his BB install teraflex wasn't including the rear relocation bracket which the newer BB kits come w/. I have it on my 07 4dr sahara and am running the OEM trackbars w/ the rear relo bracket w/ no problems at all. I'm very happy w/ it and Joe at teraflex was great when I pestered him w/ questions via email.

I'd suggest adding the teraflex quick discos as well. You're gonna have it all a part anyway so might as well do it all at once.

Quick Reply: Does Teraflex 2.5 lift need adj track bars