Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

dosent look right to me

Old 09-27-2007, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It also looks like your axle is shifted toward the passenger side. Check your track bar (assuming you have the adjustable one). I agree that those washers don't look like they need to be there, but that wouldn't affect much.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is your entire axle offset? Did install some type of lift and not install an adjustable trackbar to recenter the axle?
Old 09-27-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Links

Take the link for the left lower side and place it on the outside face of the axle bracket. This will correct the left link. The right looks to be installed correctly. Not the perfect but should be close enough. Both of the upper attachments have to be on the outside face of the sway bar if they are not.

Originally Posted by Krypler

This dose not look right to me this is the one of the front sway bar links should it be tighter than what it is?

and here is tyhe other side both look loose what do you guys think?

Thanks for you help guys
Old 09-27-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

ok just ran outside and looked and took pics here is what i foudn looks kind of threaded far out dosent it?

and another pic

Old 09-27-2007, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

to fix should i be able to lift up the front end and unbolt the adjuster end and screw it in and shift the front axle over toward the driver side and put it back on?
Old 09-27-2007, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

to fix should i be able to lift up the front end and unbolt the adjuster end and screw it in and shift the front axle over toward the driver side and put it back on?

Yes. Step back a little from the vehicle and visually ispect the axle position before you start though just to verify that is what it is.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

ok just ran outside and looked and took pics here is what i foudn looks kind of threaded far out dosent it?

and another pic

Woah! The end of that track bar is screwed WAYYY too far out. Please read the instructions or call Superlift's tech support to find out how to adjust it. You will need a tape measure and definitely a torque wrench to get the bolt tightened down properly after you take it out and adjust it.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is what my 4" superlift looks like. You can see the big difference difference in the ammount of threads showing on the tracbar as well as the angle of the sway bar links.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Get a straight edge and a tape measure and make sure your axle is centered. There are way to many threads showing on that trac bar. If it comes apart on the road it could kill you. No B.S.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

looks like i will be redoing it tomorrow night

Quick Reply: dosent look right to me