Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drag Link adjustment

Old 04-22-2009, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Drag Link adjustment

I am going to install a new Rough Country 2.5 lift kit this weekend. It is simply new coils and shocks. One thing, they state I need to adjust the draglink to center the steering wheel before I drive the unit.
How do I adjust this draglink. I notice on my 2008 JK that there is an adjustment on on end of the drag link (drivers side). What do I do? I am not sure where to begin, put the steering wheel where it is straight and then adjust the link, or just start turning on the draglink and watching the steering wheel until it is straight?
Sorry for the stupidity, but have not ever done this before, always had the kits installed somewhere else, but want to save some bucks if I can
Old 04-22-2009, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by hohokom
I am going to install a new Rough Country 2.5 lift kit this weekend. It is simply new coils and shocks. One thing, they state I need to adjust the draglink to center the steering wheel before I drive the unit.
How do I adjust this draglink. I notice on my 2008 JK that there is an adjustment on on end of the drag link (drivers side). What do I do? I am not sure where to begin, put the steering wheel where it is straight and then adjust the link, or just start turning on the draglink and watching the steering wheel until it is straight?
Sorry for the stupidity, but have not ever done this before, always had the kits installed somewhere else, but want to save some bucks if I can
You have it right. loosen the bolts and turn until steering wheel is centered, tighten it up and take it for a drive then make any adjustments to get it perfect. You will need it perfect or you may have ESP problems. I threww a wrench in the Jeep so I could make adjustments and it took 3 times to get it perfect....no problems now
Old 04-22-2009, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Info on recentering the steering wheel can be found here:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment
Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Talking

Thanks for the help. I appreciate the info I get from you guys who have the experience...
Old 04-22-2009, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Ditto that. The first thing I did to my Jeep when I got it was recenter the steering wheel. It was just a tick off center from the factory. Within 15 minutes of posting the question on this site, I was out making the correction. Took me 3x to get it centered just perfect as well, but was thrilled to get such quick and helpful info from the folks on this site!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

JK-Forum rocks... thanks for the info!
Old 11-23-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

I was just as lost as the poster, but now i'm on the right path!

Thanks a lot guys!
Old 11-27-2014, 03:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

After recent service my JKU needs a very slight adjustment toward the driver side.

I used to have it written somewhere which way to turn the draglink to effect a clockwise or counterclockwise turn of the wheel... But I can't seem to find it.

The adjustment is so slight that I probably won't be able to see the wheel turn until it's past where I need to be.

So, can anyone advise which way to turn (forward or backward) to get a counter-clockwise turn on the steering wheel.

Thanks
Old 11-27-2014, 03:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rotating it up will turn the steering wheel to the left and rotating it down will turn it to the right.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 14sport
rotating it up will turn the steering wheel to the left and rotating it down will turn it to the right.
thanks!

Quick Reply: Drag Link adjustment