Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag link set up question?

Old 08-09-2017, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag link set up question?

I installed a Synergy drag link flip. I know that because of the weight, the drag link tends to droop at the bend near the knuckle side. The drag link droops down until one or both end joints are maxed out.

So my question is, which end....pitman arm, knuckle, or both, should be maxed out in one direction? I do not want to lose any flexing ability or put the steering in a bind when wheeling. I especially do not want to damage anything.

Currently, the pitman arm side is maxed in one direction while the knuckle side is fairly level. Thoughts....opinion?
Old 08-09-2017, 05:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wrnglrguy
I installed a Synergy drag link flip. I know that because of the weight, the drag link tends to droop at the bend near the knuckle side. The drag link droops down until one or both end joints are maxed out. So my question is, which end....pitman arm, knuckle, or both, should be maxed out in one direction? I do not want to lose any flexing ability or put the steering in a bind when wheeling. I especially do not want to damage anything. Currently, the pitman arm side is maxed in one direction while the knuckle side is fairly level. Thoughts....opinion?
That's the way i have mine. It's been like that for 3+ years and never had a problem

Quick Reply: Drag link set up question?