Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Draglink replacement recommendation for JK with 2.5 inch coil lift

Old 09-01-2016, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
My understanding is that you have to have 3" of lift or you'll hit the drag link on the frame. So while yours may have resulted in enough lift, if your coils ever sag or get weighed down, it might become a problem. Not for everyday use but for offroad use. I think another solution is to add more bumpstop to the passenger side to prevent this as well.
I think you're confused with the flip draglink installation and I installed it in standard. The Synergy can be installed in flipped or non flipped.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I think you're confused with the flip draglink installation and I installed it in standard. The Synergy can be installed in flipped or non flipped.
Ah yes sorry... Multiple things being discussed here and I thought someone asked if a flipped DL can be installed with 2.5" of lift.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
I replaced the whole bar.
Is that the more expensive option from yeti? That thing looks tough

http://steersmarts.com/products/yeti...d-with-griffin

How much lift are you running? I only have 2.5 TF coil

Last edited by matt852; 09-01-2016 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
Ah yes sorry... Multiple things being discussed here and I thought someone asked if a flipped DL can be installed with 2.5" of lift.
Yeah that was my main concern as I only have 2.5 inch TF cool lift. Was looking for Dls that can be used in factory location
Old 09-01-2016, 05:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by matt852
Yeah that was my main concern as I only have 2.5 inch TF cool lift. Was looking for Dls that can be used in factory location
I know people are throwing a lot of options at you, and it has been said before on other threads, but I'm very happy with my setup from Fusion 4x4. No flop and very beefy.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

I ran the Synergy hi-steer correction kit for 2yrs on a TF 2.5in lift, as long as you use the TF 3in bump stops you won't hit the frame(I never did anyway) and I'm loaded down in front with heavy bumper and winch.
I off-road at least twice a month either pre-running trails for club events or bringing the club out.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by matt852
Is that the more expensive option from yeti? That thing looks tough

YETI HD? 26 JK "No Drill" Top Mount Outer Draglink End with Griffin At | Steer Smarts

How much lift are you running? I only have 2.5 TF coil
YETI EXTREME? JK Draglink | Steer Smarts
2.5" rk lift actual up front ~2.75" not enough for the flipped.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Its basically a copy of the old Currie drag link. I ran one and really did not like the big tube clamps or how floppy it becomes as the TRE's wear. At least the Yeti is about $200 cheaper then the current Currie drag link which uses jamb nuts instead of the clamps for cleaner install.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the TF 2.5 spring lift, with added trackbar and adjustable lower front control arms.

for what its worth, I just replaced my DL in January with the TF unflipped HD DragLink + TieRod ( mine was done in by large rocks, I added a Fox SS because the stock was beat up too). Steering seems great now.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I don't see this ever flopping but I could be wrong. I know the tube clamps were not an issue on anything I'll do but I ain't running KOH either. For guys like me running 35" doing easier trails like moab, Rubicon and dusy it should hold up well. I know it will support a loaded jkur without bending.

Quick Reply: Draglink replacement recommendation for JK with 2.5 inch coil lift