JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Drastically improved my on road manners with AEV brackets (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/drastically-improved-my-road-manners-aev-brackets-247914/)

LidLess07X 09-15-2012 11:51 AM

Drastically improved my ride quality with AEV brackets*edit* and EVO drag link flip k

So, like the title says, I installed the AEV control arm drop brackets on my lifted JK and wow, what a difference.

My JK is a pavement princess and usually only sees snow in the winter and beach in the summer so flex and ground clearance are of little concern to me. This, coupled with the cost difference of adjustable control arms prompted me to try the brackets. I was all ready to order springs and shocks because my ride was so bad. Not anymore. My JK is a pleasure to drive again.

c17loadmaster 09-15-2012 05:10 PM

Glad it worked out for you. If you want an even smoother ride, there has been nothing but great reviews of EVO's Plush Ride springs. They come in 3 and 4 inch sizes. All can be had for about 400 bucks. I am even replacing my springs soon with them.

LidLess07X 09-16-2012 06:09 PM

Thanks for the tip. I was looking at OME and Bilstein, but will definitely check out EVO.

Black_JKU 09-17-2012 06:06 AM

I was about to
Post this exact same thing today as I installed my brackets Friday.

They made my jeep
Drive CONSIDERABLY better!!

ZERO flightiness, Zero bumpsteer , the jeep now brakes like a sports car... Stays flat as a pancake.

I havd a 2.5 spacer lift. When I hit bumps in the road and even harder impacts offroad.... I barely feel them.... I feel like I installed a whole new suspension under the front.

Very good build quality too!
Instructions sucked though!!!!
I'm curious to see how doing the same thing on the rear would help

Kojack 09-17-2012 06:19 AM

how tall was your lift? how much ground clearance did you loose?

instructions are crappy in general...aev makes excellent products...

Dynatrac 09-17-2012 06:54 AM

Much of the improvement here comes from caster correction. It makes a significant difference.:thumbsup:

Kojack 09-17-2012 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dynatrac (Post 3211906)
Much of the improvement here comes from caster correction. It makes a significant difference.:thumbsup:

Dynatrac,

it makes all the difference...differnce is here is that its a cheap way to fix it...

btw...if you want to beef up my Jeep as a favor im down for that! ha ha!

Do you make diff covers for my front and rear?

Dynatrac 09-17-2012 08:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Kojack (Post 3212010)
Do you make diff covers for my front and rear?

Yes, we make diff covers for both the D30 and 44 (among other sizes).

D44 is DA44-1X4033-BB
D30 is DA30-1X4033-B

Attachment 366712
Attachment 366713

Kojack 09-17-2012 09:48 AM

Just found My diff covers...thanks! gotta find a dealer semi close by!

LidLess07X 10-06-2012 02:00 PM

Well.......After such a big improvement on my ride quality, I decided to go a little further. I talked with the guys at Northridge 4X4 and they recommended the EVO drag link flip kit. I tried it and yes it made another stride in improving my ride and on-road manners. Relatively simple install too.

Next is either the EVO plush ride coils or Bilstein 5100s. I'm not gonna do both together even though I know it would save some labor because I want to know exactly what improves and what doesn't. I currently have BDS three inch springs and their shocks that came with the lift kit.

What are your thoughts ?? Springs or shocks first for biggest ride quality improvement ???