Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drive shafts and control arms

Old 05-03-2011, 05:39 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TmBtc12
thanks for all of the help....now I just have to research what kind of drive shafts and control arms I want to go with.
in all honesty, drive shafts are pretty much drive shafts. the only real difference between one from the next is in the components used. i have been helping folks online well before there was a JK and i can tell you that over the last 15 years or so, i have seen some components work better than others and when it comes to drive shafts, spicer joints are what you want. some drive shaft companies use cheap no name joints and time and time again, i have heard and seen how they crapped out and have people tell me that they should have listed to me. please note, spicer is NOT a sponsor here, i'm just trying to save you the trouble of making a simple mistake. as far as control arms go, you can go wrong with just about any of the sponsors we have here including full-traction, teraflex, jks, etc.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
in all honesty, drive shafts are pretty much drive shafts. the only real difference between one from the next is in the components used. i have been helping folks online well before there was a JK and i can tell you that over the last 15 years or so, i have seen some components work better than others and when it comes to drive shafts, spicer joints are what you want. some drive shaft companies use cheap no name joints and time and time again, i have heard and seen how they crapped out and have people tell me that they should have listed to me. please note, spicer is NOT a sponsor here, i'm just trying to save you the trouble of making a simple mistake. as far as control arms go, you can go wrong with just about any of the sponsors we have here including full-traction, teraflex, jks, etc.
I was thinking about teraflex control arms but I have a hook up at ICON and might be able to get a set of those for a pretty good price. Have you heard anything about the ICON lift for Jeeps? I heard it was pretty good but expensive. I had their coil overs and UCAs for my Tundra and it was awesome.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:49 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TmBtc12
I was thinking about teraflex control arms but I have a hook up at ICON and might be able to get a set of those for a pretty good price. Have you heard anything about the ICON lift for Jeeps? I heard it was pretty good but expensive. I had their coil overs and UCAs for my Tundra and it was awesome.
the icon arms are the old donahoe arms and, like you said, they are expensive. if you can get a deal on them, i'm sure they'd be fine.

Quick Reply: Drive shafts and control arms