Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Drop pitman arm?

Old 02-19-2022, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drop pitman arm?

I recently installed a RC 3.5 inch lift kit on my 2018 Jeep JK Unlimited. Instead of using the track bar brackets, I opted for a Rubicon Express adjustable track bar. I realized my mistake when I installed the drop pitman arm without the track bar bracket and my steering was all kinds of messed up. My question now is, should I put the OE pitman arm back on or run the track bar bracket with the drop pitman arm and my Rubicon Express track bar? Would the drag link angle be to steep if I don't use the drop pitman arm?
Old 02-20-2022, 02:10 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,600 Posts

The drop pitman and track bar bracket are RC's means of a high steer kit. It's a crappy way to do it too. Remove the drop pitman arm and reinstall the factory. If you want a high steer kit, and you likely do at that height, the much better route is to flip the DL to the top of the knuckle and use the TB bracket at the axle side to lift that. You need to keep the DL and TB running parallel.

RC's drop pitman arm method creates so many headaches on the JK. You can read posts ad nauseam on this topic .

Quick Reply: Drop pitman arm?