Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drop track bar bracket vs adjustable track bar

Old 02-27-2013, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drop track bar bracket vs adjustable track bar

Hey guys I have heard mixed things on Drop track bar bracket vs adjustable track bar. I was wanting to get some more opinions. I will be running 3in teraflex springs with 1in teraflex spacers. I have had some people say running the RC track bar bracket lined them up perfect and some people say you have to have an adjustable track bar. And.............GO
Old 02-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I would go with an adjustable trac bar. I run one in both the front, and the rear.

Last edited by Ryan0260; 02-27-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasJK07
Hey guys I have heard mixed things on Drop track bar bracket vs adjustable track bar. I was wanting to get some more opinions. I will be running 3in teraflex springs with 1in teraflex spacers. I have had some people say running the RC track bar bracket lined them up perfect and some people say you have to have an adjustable track bar. And.............GO
A adjustable trackbar is what I would do. Your going to be close to were you will need to address your draglink.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Adjustable is the way to go. This way if you change height later you are good too.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would run both front a rear adjustable track bars and do a lower trackbar bracket in the to raise the roll center.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dont some kits come with Adjustable track bars and a brackets? I know RK has a bracket for both front and rear along with the adjustable track bars.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Most kits do but a friend upgraded and sold me his old tf 3in springs for 100
Old 02-27-2013, 03:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by liquidg
I would run both front a rear adjustable track bars and do a lower trackbar bracket in the to raise the roll center.
x2, adj track bars for both front & rear. Then for the rear you can also add a bracket as mentioned above (optional) I have an RK lift with RK adj track bar for the front and welded the RK axle mount TB bracket then added a TF adj rear track bar....
Old 02-27-2013, 03:35 PM
JK Junkie

You want both in the rear. Axle bracket will raise the roll center like mentioned.
Adjustable track bar to center the axle.

Drop brackets do crap for roll center.

Ideally you want to match the roll centers front and back but that requires a raised bracket in the front. You can't raise the front TB without flipping the drag link. Doing so requires at least 3" of lift/bumpstop or your draglink will hit the frame when stuffed.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by TexasJK07
Spend your money on a drag link flip kit and keep your factory trackbar. Its very strong and will get the job done. Once your suspension moves up and down your axles not centered

factory trackbar!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u28sx0lEISI&feature=share&list=UU7wnnGoViGUkBbddXgBivoQ

Quick Reply: Drop track bar bracket vs adjustable track bar