Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dual stabilizer rub. Should it?

Old 04-14-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual stabilizer rub. Should it?

This is a pic on my dual stabilizer from Skyjacker. I would have sent a pic to them but their web site does not have any email contact. I will call them tomorrow. But till then, should the front plate be rubbing like this? It did not strike anything while wheeling. It was against the track bar at the time of install. I actually grabbed that little plate then with some channel locks and bent it out slightly. I could simply do it some more but I dunno if it is supposed to ride along the bar like that. It would take many years to wear through anything other than paint so I'm guessing it's okay.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

And no, the shocks did not come with boots even though it is pictured with them in the catalogs.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right off hand I would say no, it should not rub. My RC dual stabilizer setup never rubbed like that when i had the 2.5" lift on the Jeep. It did however get crushed, spindled, folded and mutilated when I installed my larger lift. Apparently it didn't play well with the Clayton 4.5" I know have a single Bilstein and it works great.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Skyjacker says no also. They told me to try to tweak it out! Okay, grab the channel locks again.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by thelouv
And no, the shocks did not come with boots even though it is pictured with them in the catalogs.
I didnt install the plate for that very reason. And I was pissed when i got mine and there were no boots like the pix shows. Kinda like them without them now, but still.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
I didnt install the plate for that very reason. And I was pissed when i got mine and there were no boots like the pix shows. Kinda like them without them now, but still.
As long as you have been here, you should have know better than to buy Skyjacker in the first place!
Old 04-16-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

almost looks like your tie rod is bent up. could be the picture, though.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tie rod definitely not bent, the shocks tilt down towards the center mount giving that impression in the pic.
Skyjacker is a local company (Louisiana) for me so I didn't think twice about buying their product. They do alot for their local community (as I'm sure any successful off road company does where they are) and this small issue is just another tweek needed in the list of things modified. Tweeks are often needed in even the best engineered products we get. The missing boots probably rubbed (no pun) me wrong the most.

Quick Reply: Dual stabilizer rub. Should it?