Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duplicolor Bed Armor vs Bed Liner

Old 05-31-2014, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duplicolor Bed Armor vs Bed Liner

For a while now ive wanted to re-spray the fenders and grill of my Jeep because the plasti-dip on them is starting to peel off, i decided to go with Duplicolor Bed liner because ive seen how it looks on some of the jeeps here and they all look great.. problem is, all i can find at the store is the "Bed Armor" stuff.. not "Bed Liner"

Do any of you guys know if the Bed armor looks any different than the Bed Liner when applied to the plastic fenders and Grills of the jeep?

and pics or input is welcomed!
Old 05-31-2014, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The liner has a texture close to the stock fenders. I have it on my rock rails. The dust I've accumulated seems to have impregnated firmly into the texture and won't wash out. Maybe there's a technique I don't know about. I've read the armor has a more course texture.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Get a clear uv resistant spray on to go on after the bed armor has dried. This will help cut down on that dust issue
Old 05-31-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

I like the bedliner in the blue can better then the bed armor

I picked up a can of bed armor and I hated it because it has a rubber feel to it , where the bedliner comes out with a nice texture and you can control the texture
Old 05-31-2014, 09:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The blue canned liner can be found at advance auto. The bed armor i have been having a lot of trouble spraying because it gobs up the nozzle. Like said the duplicolor liner provides a better finish, not sure how much stronger the bed armor in comparison.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I used Bed Armor on my rocker panel with good results. Went to Rausch Creek this weekend and they held up perfectly.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my grill a few years ago with the armor and it has helped up to TX rocks and GA clay just fine. It is a little tough to clean but I hardly ever wash my jeep anyhow...

Quick Reply: Duplicolor Bed Armor vs Bed Liner