Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Duratrac’s or KO2’s

Old 01-06-2018, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first time I had a rubicon I hurried up and put 35in Duratracs on it. The tires were great and all. They were great on the rocks, in the snow, mediocre in the rain. This time around i'm taking a different, more sober approach. I have 33x10 Coopers Discover ST Maxx. They were a lot cheaper and sick in the deep snow. They are M+S rated. What I like about them is that they have a very high tread ware rating. These tires will last for 55,000 miles. Consider thinking outside the box.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by powrsurg
The first time I had a rubicon I hurried up and put 35in Duratracs on it. The tires were great and all. They were great on the rocks, in the snow, mediocre in the rain. This time around i'm taking a different, more sober approach. I have 33x10 Coopers Discover ST Maxx. They were a lot cheaper and sick in the deep snow. They are M+S rated. What I like about them is that they have a very high tread ware rating. These tires will last for 55,000 miles. Consider thinking outside the box.
In 315 size, I've found those Coopers for around 310 bucks. The BFG KO2's with a C load rating are 256. That's a pretty huge difference. I'm intrigued by the ST Maxx, but I've got to find it closer to 250 to consider it.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:03 AM
JK Freak

I didnt know the KO2's were that affordable at that size! WOW
Old 01-09-2018, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Sets of Duratracs

I put a set of Duratracs on my '14 JKU 20k miles ago and they've been great. Put a set on my son's '08 JK 15k miles ago and just as happy. We ski in the winter and drive on the beach in the summer, never an issue. Just had 12" of snow last week and drove some trails in his with no traction issues at all. Still very quiet compared to others I hear on the road.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:28 AM
JK Freak

I don't think there is another vehicle out there that performs as well as a Wrangler with a good set of tires in deep snow. We had 3 feet a few years ago on Long Island. My Rubi with 35's and 4 inch lift was winching cars left and right out of jams. Back then I had Duratracs. You will never hear me say anything bad about that Tire.

Originally Posted by RepressedSince15
I put a set of Duratracs on my '14 JKU 20k miles ago and they've been great. Put a set on my son's '08 JK 15k miles ago and just as happy. We ski in the winter and drive on the beach in the summer, never an issue. Just had 12" of snow last week and drove some trails in his with no traction issues at all. Still very quiet compared to others I hear on the road.

Quick Reply: Duratrac’s or KO2’s