Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

dynomax 39510 and MPG

Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynomax 39510 and MPG

I have been looking at the great price on this cat back exhaust. To those of you who are already running this exhaust, what if any impact did it have on your mpg? I am not really concerned with the sound, I am looking for something to bump up my mpg. I am debating between this and a CAI. Eventually, I would like to do both but I just bought my new 5.13 gears which is why I want to try and bump my mpg back up.

I am looking for real world experience.

PS. I have searched and did not find anything directly related to this exhaust and mpg.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I saw no difference in mileage.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

No change that was noticeable.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Just changing the exhaust will not have an impact, you also need to do an ecm tune. The high flow exhaust will allow a tuner to reduce the duration on the exhaust valves by delaying when they open. This will give you more power because the cylinder will stay under pressure longer. The if you prefer mpg over hp, the tuner can reduce your injector duration and correct the air/fuel mixture. This is not cheap to do correctly.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

I have a superchips vivd linq programmer. I know it allows for adjustments. Will these two in conjunction impact the mpg? Or will I need to add a cai? My goal is to increase performance or mpg. Don't care to much about sound.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Bump......
Old 04-27-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

I have not used that one before, sorry. My reco would be to call them up and ask if they have developed a "re-flash" that is focused on your goal for mpg. I would not sugest adjusting the values on your own because you could crash a valve into the piston if you make a mistake.

Quick Reply: dynomax 39510 and MPG