Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easiest way to swap out a rear TF spacer? HELP!

Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Easiest way to swap out a rear TF spacer? HELP!

I have a 2011 with Rubi springs and a 2.5TF BB. My JK has the typical JK lean. I have a 2.5 spacer to replace the 2.0 right rear spacer that is there now. I really dont feel like taking the whole thing apart to replace a spacer. What are my options? Is it possible to use a spring compressor and slip it out?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skibovr6
I have a 2011 with Rubi springs and a 2.5TF BB. My JK has the typical JK lean. I have a 2.5 spacer to replace the 2.0 right rear spacer that is there now. I really dont feel like taking the whole thing apart to replace a spacer. What are my options? Is it possible to use a spring compressor and slip it out?
Yes a spring compressor would work but really you just need to undo the shock and sway bar link then jack up the jeep and the spring should come right out
Old 01-27-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

very true just watch brake line or undo hardline at frame that will get u bye
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

i put my spring compressor on the coil and tighten it up by hand then raise the jeep from the body and it gives me a few inches. you can also raise the side from the axle tube and put the compressor on the coil when its stacked a little more then release and lift the body for even more space to work with if the spacer needs it.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Former Vendor

With out the rear sway bar the rear springs can almost fall out. All you will need to do is press the spring up a little and pull it right out. Then you can do the same to the springs back in.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:37 PM
JK Junkie

X2 ^
Disco sway links/shocks and the ebrake cables.
With the jeeps frame up on jack stands the springs almost fall out.

Fronts another story.

Quick Reply: Easiest way to swap out a rear TF spacer? HELP!