Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is it easy to remove the AEV snorkel?

Old 11-02-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Is it easy to remove the AEV snorkel?

I am looking at putting the AEV snorkel and heat reduction hood on my unlimited and wanted to see if anyone that has one or has experience with the AEV knows if I can take it on and off easily? I am not sure I want to run the snorkel all the time and figured with the AEV hood, I could run the mesh grate over the side cutout when I wasn't wheeling in water.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shouldnt be too hard, it's pretty easy bolt on.

You won't be able to waterproof the airbox like your supposed to in the instructions, it requires running a silicon bead around the intake of the airbox.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not really...

If you install the snorkel according to the AEV directions the snorkel and air box will be siliconed together as one piece. if you wanted to buy a second air box you could keep one stock and make the switch very easily.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

99% of the silicone out there is absolute crap and requires a primer for proper adhesion.... Most likely you will be able to easily just peel off the silicone and separate the snorkel from the air box.. Removing it is do-able and is less of a chore than to say, fold the windshield.. But it's not something I would want to do too often. Maybe it you pull it for the winter months like when you pull the soft top...

good luck with your decision

Quick Reply: Is it easy to remove the AEV snorkel?