Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR Valve replacement cost?

Old 11-15-2014, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR Valve replacement cost?

Given the location, and the fact i have no garage i decided not tackle this one my self. Plus i have an auto lol!

Ive called around from dealers to local shops. I was quoted anywhere from 399-650 parts and labor.... And to my surprise dealers were the cheapest! One quoted me 263.00 for just the labor. So i started calling around to see what the part its self would cost. i was quoted anywhere from 125-250....

I stopped at my local shop, friend of my dads and was quoted 250 for just the labor. He informed me to stick with the Mopar OEM part and not something generic. Also suggested i do not wait too long, this may cause damage to my cat. Any thoughts on this as well?

Should add, 2008 Rubicon Auto with 50,000 Miles. Sorry.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one made by Dorman through Autoplicity.com for like $60 .... Changed it during the summer and it made a huge difference in how my rig ran. I originally changed it because I had all the signs that it was bad and it finally threw an EGR engine code.

So, I only had $60 in it.... HOWEVER.... I sit here a few months later now and I just started throwing the EGR code again and I can tell that it's not working optimally. I'm almost certain that it's because that Dorman model is a piece of trash. I'm going to contact Autoplicity and see if there's any warranty on it. If not, i'm out $60 and i'll buy a more expensive EGV and replace it again. (Mines a manual, so from what i've read mine is WAY easier to replace than your auto)

good luck!

Quick Reply: EGR Valve replacement cost?