Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Electrical weirdness, anyone else had this happen 2013 JK

Old 12-27-2013, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical weirdness, anyone else had this happen 2013 JK

Ok, so this has happened since I bought the Jeep new back in July 2013. Still does it to this day with 8,500 miles on it.. Very random, no rhyme or reason to it.. Will do it five times in one day, and then not do it for a month.. Does it at 'in town' speed and on the highway.

I will be driving, the car will make a beeping noise two or three times (the same sort of beeping that happens when you don't have your seat-belt buckled)... At the same time, all the warning/dummy lights flash a few times (the various lights that are on the panel between the tach and speedo.. And while this is happening, the odometer flickers and the the speedo drops to zero and the back to the speed you are traveling..

This all happens within a three second or so period. Then everything goes back to normal..

I'm taking it in at 10k for service, so will address it with the dealer.. But, just thought I'd ask if anyone has had this happen..

nittyp
Old 12-27-2013, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Could be your wheel speed sensors are faulty. I've heard of things like that when they get wet for some reason. But I've also heard it happening when they are dry.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Check your battery connections.

Quick Reply: Electrical weirdness, anyone else had this happen 2013 JK