Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Elementary lift questions

Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling kit question

Teraflex Leveling kit

I am certain I've read some posts which say I need to add to my bump stops, and/or use extensions for the shocks, and possibly adjusting the front brake line... yet other posts have said nothing more is needed other than just putting in the spacers.

Last edited by Abbotsford50; 03-24-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Abbotsford50
Teraflex Leveling kit

I am certain I've read some posts which say I need to add to my bump stops, and/or use extensions for the shocks, and possibly adjusting the front brake line... yet other posts have said nothing more is needed other than just putting in the spacers.
These things may be needed depending on how much lift the leveling kit gives...

For example, If it is a small lift (1" or so), you don't need anything. If it is a larger lift (3" or so), you will need this stuff.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Freak

I just received my TF leveling kit (2" front, 1" rear) and the only thing I bought with it were the JKS sway bar disconnects for 0" to 2" lift. I'm good to go!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't need anything more with that lift. Most people who are using shock extensions and brake line brackets have lifts already installed and they are using coil spacers to get more lift. With your kit, it will have everything you need. I wouldn't change bump stops unless you go over 3" in lift. I'm running 2 1/2 rubicon express lift and have stock bump stops and no extended brake lines. Even at full articulation the lines are fine. Hope this helps.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the help
Old 03-24-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
You don't need anything more with that lift. Most people who are using shock extensions and brake line brackets have lifts already installed and they are using coil spacers to get more lift. With your kit, it will have everything you need. I wouldn't change bump stops unless you go over 3" in lift. I'm running 2 1/2 rubicon express lift and have stock bump stops and no extended brake lines. Even at full articulation the lines are fine. Hope this helps.
Hey Green, since you don't use bump extensions, do you ever rub with your tires? I figured they come with the kit, we needed them.

Quick Reply: Elementary lift questions