Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engo winches pros abd cons

Old 07-12-2014, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engo winches pros abd cons

Looking at the Engo winches this threads is for those that run this winch please. Just wanting some real feed back. Looks like a great price for the uses I need. I want to take a few trips and use it to pull up a deer during hunting season
Old 07-12-2014, 11:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the 10k with synthetic line for this season and it has been flawless. Everything from pulling over rock ledges to getting other people out.

Negatives: it's noisy (of you care) and depending on your bumper, the solenoid box doesn't like to for in front of the grill. I had to fab up a new bracket. Mounting in the engine bay is a good way to go and then get the wireless remote.

Last edited by Invest2m4; 07-12-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I've had the 10k with synthetic line for this season and it has been flawless. Everything from pulling over rock ledges to getting other people out. Negatives: it's noisy (of you care) and depending on your bumper, the solenoid box doesn't like to for in front of the grill. I had to fan up a new bracket. Mounting in the engine bay is a good way to go and then get the wireless remote.
It's the Rockhard full width front bumper. I believe the winch is sunken correct Levi.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

I've had mine on since spring. Nothing fancy, but it does what it should.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

Noisy but otherwise no complaints on my 9500.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

I've had the 10k with synthetic line for this season and it has been flawless. Everything from pulling over rock ledges to getting other people out. Negatives: it's noisy (of you care) and depending on your bumper, the solenoid box doesn't like to for in front of the grill. I had to fab up a new bracket. Mounting in the engine bay is a good way to go and then get the wireless remote.
Dunny is right it will mount in my bumper. They said it can fix a warn powerplant in it so should I have any troubles. And I'm fine with a little noise.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE="White Ghost;3948033"] Dunny is right it will mount in my bumper. They said it can fix a warn powerplant in it so should I have any troubles. And I'm fine with a little noise. This is the bumper I have. Not installed yet hope in a few weeks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2431747446.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	564863  
Old 07-12-2014, 05:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a sunken bumper. It's not the winch that doesn't fit. It's the wires exiting the rear of the solenoid box that sits on top of the winch. It's a pretty common issue. The box sits too far back and the wires run directly into the grill. In fact, if I didn't have a sunken bumper, it wouldn't be an issue as the wires could pass through the grill.

A quick google search and you can see plenty of pictures of the issue. If it's not an issue, great. If it is, use one of the aforementioned solutions.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

I have a sunken bumper. It's not the winch that doesn't fit. It's the wires exiting the rear of the solenoid box that sits on top of the winch. It's a pretty common issue. The box sits too far back and the wires run directly into the grill. In fact, if I didn't have a sunken bumper, it wouldn't be an issue as the wires could pass through the grill. A quick google search and you can see plenty of pictures of the issue. If it's not an issue, great. If it is, use one of the aforementioned solutions.
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I'll be helping him to install so we will know to figure it out. Thanks again.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love mine is a synthetic 9k, have had no issues. I've used it on a tractor, a hand full of jeeps/trucks, and some side-by-sides. It's a noises bastard, but it's stout and I've had no issues at all.

Quick Reply: Engo winches pros abd cons