Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Enough Power?

Old 10-09-2006, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all i can say to that is hellllllz yea
Old 10-26-2006, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

I thought I would dig this back up to keep it alive. As aftermarket add-ons become abvailable maybe we can post it here to talk about. I realize the JK isn't a race rig, but with the lifts and larger tires being talked about it would be nice to know what is available to help the engine out besides replacing what the JK comes with (gears). I also realize that at some point (37"?) re-gearing might be a requirement.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

i just drove mine,. I cant pick it up until monday.

its a 6 speed with 4:10's it has alot pep... seems quicker than the straight 6.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

I agree that the JK Unlimited would not be a race rig...but I need it to pull double duty...and with a weight of 4200 lbs. I'm worried that the V6 would not be up to it. I'm talking about 37" tires, 4.88's, good flexing suspension, cage, bumpers, etc. and still being able to do 75 mph on the highway...I also live in New Mexico where the steepest/ longest hill on any major highway is, La Bajada Hill, and would like to be close to maintaining speed when coming up it. A V8 and the 5spd. auto would be great.

Quick Reply: Enough Power?