Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Equal tire balance powder?

Old 05-05-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Equal tire balance powder?

Does anyone use Equal to balance your tires? Any opinions on this stuff? Going to get my new 34 inch Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar installed this friday and was wondering if I should go with traditional weights or powder to balance. I have a feeling the tire place is going to suggest using equal because of the tire size and I have steel rims which I would think make it harder to balance a tire.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equal tire balance powder?

Originally Posted by Olean NY Jeeper
Does anyone use Equal to balance your tires? Any opinions on this stuff? Going to get my new 34 inch Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar installed this friday and was wondering if I should go with traditional weights or powder to balance. I have a feeling the tire place is going to suggest using equal because of the tire size and I have steel rims which I would think make it harder to balance a tire.
I used dynabeads and they worked great don't know how an artificial sweetner would work to balence a tire....
Old 05-05-2010, 03:56 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepnick
I used dynabeads and they worked great don't know how an artificial sweetner would work to balence a tire....
Old 05-05-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

They used Equal in mine today. Seems to have worked great. It's the first time in 3 sets of tires on my JK that I have had ZERO shimmy/vibs. I'd recommend it.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Junkie

ive used dynabeads and equal power... both seemed to work great for me ..im using dynabeads now with good results
Old 05-06-2010, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

If you live in a cold climate where there is freezing in the winter you should throw some antifreeze in the tire with the bead. This will keep them from freezing together so they can do their job.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

I put hamsters in my tires. They help balance the tires and I get more power. They complain when I air down though.

What's this Equal stuff and dynabeads? Is this the latest snake oil? Should I be looking into this stuff or is this for hard-core mud-slingin', rock-climbin' rigs with 48" tires?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:04 AM
JK Junkie

I have my 37's balanced with powder and I dont really like it I am going to have it vacumed out and steel weights put in
Old 05-06-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Jedi

beads and powder....sounds like a few people are going to have a wild party happening.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
beads and powder....sounds like a few people are going to have a wild party happening.
I like your sense of humor

Quick Reply: Equal tire balance powder?