Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP / BAS light on ???

Old 12-02-2014, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESP / BAS light on ???

I went out to the desert over the holiday and did a little wheeling to check out my new Teraflex sway bar system. Nothiong crazy just wanted to test out the flex and stuff. Works great no problems. So on the way home I notice my steering wheel is not centered about 90 off and then my ESP/BAS lights go on. I read if you straighten your wheel back out (adjust the drag link) it should go away. Wheel I got my wheel all centered again drove the jeep and the lights still on. Am I forgetting something ?? Or do I have another issue. My jeep is a 2007 JKU with 101,000.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

(2009 JKU-A) Similar situation here, too. The steering wheel is off 10-15 degrees and the ESP/BAS lights came on a couple of days after wheeling. Dropping it off tomorrow night to line things up and get the lights shut off. The lights have gone off a few times, apparently after a number of engine starts....but the soon come back on. Apparently the computer thinks the Jeep is in a skid.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get it re-centered, or did you just get it kind of close? I ask as it can be a little sensitive. Also, when this happened to me last, it took a drive around the block before the light finally shut off.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kbp810
Did you get it re-centered, or did you just get it kind of close? I ask as it can be a little sensitive. Also, when this happened to me last, it took a drive around the block before the light finally shut off.
Yes, I re-centered the steering wheel. I seems to drive fine and I have driven it about 10 milkes and It still has not went off
Old 12-02-2014, 03:49 PM
JK Freak

Have you tried turning the steering wheel from lock to lock? I'd try that, return it to center, turn Jeep off, back on, then take a drive and see what happens.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kbp810
Have you tried turning the steering wheel from lock to lock? I'd try that, return it to center, turn Jeep off, back on, then take a drive and see what happens.
KBP810 worked like a champ.. Your a genius Rock.....Beer.
I don't know how but I did just like you said turned the steering wheel lock to lock took a drive a block later the light went out. Thanks for all the help from my jeeple friends.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Excellent!
Old 12-03-2014, 08:50 AM
JK Super Freak

black duct tape over the light works well.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
black duct tape over the light works well.
Problem with that is you still have to endure the tale action control kicking on a few times each time you get back in. Always scares the crap out of me when cruising down the road and it kicks on. One of these days, that feature is going to cause an accident!

Quick Reply: ESP / BAS light on ???