Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP/ BAS Light came on

Old 03-18-2013, 04:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonkj
When I take it in for alignment would they align that too?
I would hope so. It's easy just need a 15 mm wrench and adjust the drag link. Once it's centered you drive it around and the lights will go off. It may take a few tries
Old 03-18-2013, 04:43 AM
JK Junkie

That's the first thing they do. Them secure the steering wheel and set toe.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok. Today I have to take it to get the exhaust curve put in. Tomorrow is the relocation brackets and should be the wheels and tires. Next day is alignment Hopefully that corrects the issues.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

I have the same problem too on my jeep. Had it aligned too. And still have the same problem. The dealership said do some figure eights in the parking lot and sometimes that would take care of the problem. I tried and no luck.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sent a email to aev in less than 30 mins I got a response.

Thank you for contacting us with your question. My first recommendation would be to make sure that your steering wheel is pointed in the same direction as the front tires (this is best done on an alignment rack). The traction control system reads where the steering wheel is in relation to the input it is getting from the wheel speed sensors, and the g-force sensors. If any one of these does not match the vehicle thinks that it is in a drift/slide, and starts applying the brakes to try to correct the issue. After a lift is installed the drag link should be adjusted to re-center the steering wheel, and once again the very best way to do this is on an alignment rack.

Thank you,

Greg Henderson

Tech Support/Inside Sales
Old 03-19-2013, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

So far alignment cured the issue :-)
Old 03-19-2013, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonomechanic
I have the same problem too on my jeep. Had it aligned too. And still have the same problem. The dealership said do some figure eights in the parking lot and sometimes that would take care of the problem. I tried and no luck.
I had the lights come one when my sway bar disconnected and took a turn a bit too fast... after I reconnected it was still there and I think I drove around in a cirlce 3 times to the left then 3 times to right and turned the Jeep off. When I restarted the engine the lights were gone.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Alignment fixed my issues.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had this happen when I bent my tie rod. Adjusted toe, recentered my steering wheel, and it turned off in a few minutes.

Quick Reply: ESP/ BAS Light came on